Johanna Garth is the author of The Persephone Campbell Series; a modern take on the myth of Hades and Persephone. Johanna lives in McLean, Virginia with her husband and two children.
Friday, August 19, 2011
Blog on Fire Awards Ceremony
I am the worst about doing blogger tag or meme's. It's kind of surprising because I'm typically pretty OCD about this kind of thing but there you have it. Me. The Worst.
Even so, when Hart, Queen of the Bloggers and Naked Fun awarded me the Blog on Fire award and tagged me, I knew I had two choices. Ignore it or do it. Yes, the stakes were high. But because I adore Hart and love getting an award of any kind, I decided to take a plunge and do my first blogger tag or meme or whatever you call it. I've tagged a bunch of people below so you can keep the chain going, or not. But it might be kinda fun if you did.
1) Are you a rutabaga? No, nor am I kohlrabi or a cardoon.
2) Who is your current crush? The man that stole my heart during the 1993 inauguration still grabs my attention every time I see him (on television, that is). Yes, it's former President Bill Clinton. There's something about that combo of power, charisma and self-destructiveness that makes me swoon. Don't judge! We all have our crushes and Bill and I have a certain connection. Seriously! I have it on good authority (aka, every neighbor that's lived on my street for 50 plus years) that Monica Lewinsky used to babysit for the previous owners of my house. Now that I think about it, maybe it's my house that has kept the fires burning all these years. Almost like it's a house possessed by the not yet dead, (undead?) spirit of the former President Clinton-which is a movie I would really like to see!
3) Upload a heartwarming picture that makes you smile.
Oh, I misread that. I thought it was supposed to be heartstopping! Oh well, but the knowledge that I don't have to pay for this gal's dental care totally makes me smile.
4) When was the last time you ate a vine-ripened tomato? Lunch, from my backyard.
5) Name one habit that causes other people to plot your demise. Isn't this the kind of question that would be better answered by my children? Okay, if I had to choose one of many it would be my propensity to lose, things like my keys, and then promptly lose my shit only to find things, like my keys, in obvious places, like my purse.
6) What is the weirdest, most-digusting job you've ever had to do? Cleaning up other people's vomit in the middle of the night. And, to add insult to injury, it was unpaid labor.
7) Where da muffin top at? All this question makes me want to do is write some dorky Weird Al Yankovich type rap song about muffin tops. I think I should move on quickly before I inflict this on anyone.
8)What author introduced you to your genre? I don't believe in genre's. I just believe in good stories so the answer to this question might go all the way back to A.A. Milne.
9) Describe yourself using obscure Latin words. The first phrase that came to mind is veni vedi veci, and seeing's how I don't have that much in common with Caesar I think I'll stick with juris scribus and hope I'm not saying something ridiculous and inappropriate, as has been known to happen, when I start speaking foreign languages.
Wow, that was quick and fun.
Here are my favorite blogger tag picks who all happen to be authors with Fantasy Island Book Publishing ("FIBP"). FIBP is my uber-cool indie publisher. If you're interested in any of the authors or the submissions guidelines you can check out the FIBP website here. http://www.fantasyislandbookpublishing.com/