I haven't been posting on Mondays lately and here's why:
1. The SUN has been shining and shining and shining!
2. It's simultaneously baseball, socccer and track season.
3. I'm pitching and polishing the new book (yes, I'm aware these things should be done in reverse order, but after all, pressure makes diamonds and/or earthquake-created sinkholes). The jury's out on which category this new book will fall into.
4. Child #2 is dancing in a MayPole celebration that required me to spend way too much time searching for all white canvas Keds. Thanks be to Zappos. I should have started with you in the first place.
5. My garden looks like it could devour small children.
6. I was overwhelmed by a need to make chocolate almond cookies.
7. I'm slightly sleep-deprived because a renegade hamster escaped her cage and woke me in the middle of the night by clawing at my door. Screams were involved. No one woke up but me and the hamster.
8. Too many Hello Kitties on Saturday night, which is an oxymoron because if you've ever tasted Hello Kitties you know there's no such thing as too many.
9. My house phone rings every 2.5 minutes. All of the calls are for my daughter.
10. And the top reason I'm not doing a thoughtful blog post with proper paragraphs and prose is because spring weekends are a limited resource and I can't bear to squander them inside.